by / on June 17, 2010 at 3:41 pm / in Roman Catholic Missions

DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCH (1873-1900)

Not only in the open port but also in the interior, there was an increasing number of conversions. In August 1875,one of the missionaries baptized in the village of Matsunaga (Suruga) thirty persons who had received instruction from a catechist. Soon after this, the number of worshippers at the annual festival of a Shinto shrine in the neighboring city of […]

Read more ›