by / on October 21, 2010 at 11:32 pm / in The Protestant Missions

Baikwa Jogakko in Osaka and a school for the Blind in Tokyo!

In January, 1878, the two Congregational (or Kumi-ai, as they were afterwards called), churches in Osaka, each having about twenty-five members, opened the school for girls to which was given the name Baikwa Jogakko (Plum-blossom Girls’ School). Rev. H. Leavitt, a missionary of the American Board, was an earnest advocate of self-support, believing that the Christians should not depend on […]

Read more ›